Cal/OSHA standards describe what employers must do to protect workers from various workplace hazards. Some are general and apply to nearly all workplaces, such as those listed above. Other standards are about specific hazards found only in some workplaces. Examples include:
Finding Cal/OSHA Standards
- Go to www.dir.ca.gov
- Click on the link near the bottom that says “Laws and Regulations.”
- Click on the link that says “Regulations-CCR Title 8.”
- Then click on “Cal/OSHA.”
- Scroll down to “Table of Contents.”
- Look for the topic you are interested in by finding the relevant chapter, then double-clicking on the appropriate subchapter, and/or appropriate article or group.
- At the top of the “Table of Contents” page, you may also use the “Search” box to search for a specific hazard or topic. You can also type a standard number if you already know it. The full text of all Cal/OSHA standards is online.